Battery-protected and surge-only outlets:
Reserves power capacity and run time for connected equipment that require battery back-up while providing surge only protection for less critical equipment
Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
Use any Home Automation network to monitor and control the S20 through its RS-232 serial port. For information on how to communicate with the S20, see APC's Application Note #102. Crestron and AMX installers should visit their respective websites for information on how to integrate the S20 into those networks.
Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced
Disconnected battery notification:
Warns when a battery is not available to provide backup power.
Dataline Surge Protection:
Provides protection of connected equipment from power surges on the data lines.
Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS conditions.
Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
Provides management of the UPS via a USB port (not available on all models).
Provides management of the UPS via a serial port.
Transformer-block spaced outlets:
Protect equipment with input transformer blocks without blocking access to other receptacles.
Intelligent battery management:
Maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment. UL, FCC, CE, C-Tick approvals.
- Output Power Capacity: 300 Watts / 500 VA
- Max Configurable Power: 300 Watts / 500 VA
- Nominal Output Voltage: 120V
- Output Connections:
(3) NEMA 5-15R (Battery Backup), (3) NEMA 5-15R (Surge Protection)
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/- 3 Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length: 1.83 meters
- Input voltage range for main operations: 98 - 140V
Batteries & Runtime:
- Battery Type:
Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte : leakproof
- Typical recharge time: 8 hour(s)
- Replacement Battery: RBC2, RBC2J
- RBC Quantity: 1
- Typical Backup Time at Half Load: 15.4 minutes (150 Watts)
- Typical Backup Time at Full Load: 3.4 minutes (300 Watts)
- Runtime Chart: Back-UPS CS
Communications & Management:
- Interface Port(s): DB-9 RS-232,USB
- Control panel: LED status display with On Line : On Battery : Replace Battery and Overload indicators
- Audible Alarm: Alarm when on battery : distinctive low battery alarm : overload continuous tone alarm
Surge Protection and Filtering:
- Surge energy rating: 480 Joules
- Filtering: Full time multi-pole noise filtering : 5% IEEE surge let-through : zero clamping response time : meets UL 1449
- Data Line Protection: RJ-11 Modem/Fax/DSL protection (two wire single line)
- Regulatory Approvals:
FCC Part 15 Class B, Industry Canada, UL 1778, cUL Listed
- Standard Warranty: 3 years repair or replace
Limited Warranty: One year from invoice date with Directron.com. 3-year from invoice date with manufacturer. 30-Day money back from receiving date with 15% restocking fee for non-defective returns. No credit or refund after 30 days. Customer is responsible for returning defective products including DOA due to manufacturer unless testing is paid before shipping. (dxy100709)