Top Reasons for Order Delays
We try our best to ship your orders as quickly as possible. About 95% of all orders are shipped and delivered on time. However, some delays may occur. Here we list the top reasons for delays to help customers to understand the process and avoid them. They are listed in a descending order in approximate frequency of occurrence.
Keep in mind:
Total time between an order is placed and goods are received = Time it takes for orders to be faxed to us + Time it takes to process an order + Time it takes to ship all items + Time it takes for all packages to be delivered by the shipping company.
- Billing information inconsistent with what's on the credit card record, requiring phone verification. To protect the credit card holder, we have to call, email or use other ways to verify that the credit card holder authorized this purchase. The verification process starts soon after a faxed order is received; however, it may take from a few hours to a few business days to complete, depending on the response we receive.
- Billing address/name different from shipping address/name, requiring phone verification. Again, we must verify the credit card information before shipping to protect credit card holders.
- High-value and consumer items are ordered without a manned, working phone number for phone verification. Chances for credit card fraud are much higher for these items. You must have a working phone number with your order. Sometimes, signed, dated, and faxed purchase orders are required.
- Wrong address or zip code used in the order. Shipping companies can't deliver and may send the packages back to us.
- No one at the shipping address to accept the package. The shipping company may send the package back to us.
- Delays by shipping companies. Shipment could be temporarily "lost" by shipping companies for shipping addresses that are far away from Texas, especially for UPS Ground. Occasionally but rarely it may take 10 or more business days for the package to show up. Please note that UPS does not guarantee air shipment to residential addresses.
- FedEX and USPS shipments may be delayed 1-2 days since these are not our regular carriers. Special arrangement has to be made for FedEx to pick up packages. Packages have to be delivered to USPS stations.
- Delays during holiday seasons between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Shipping companies often do not guarantee any shipment a couple of weeks before Christmas. Make your gift arrangements early.
- Shortage of ordered item(s). We try to contact customers in case of shortages that will delay orders for more than one business day. We may split an order and ship items separately. Back ordered items are marked as "BO" on your packing slip.
- Drop shipped items such as printers, notebook batteries, and special memory modules typically require more time to be processed. These items are designated with "ds" on their item description. They are normally shipped in 2-3 business days.
- Purchase orders may be delayed for us to verify account information. This is especially true for first time customers.
- System orders are normally shipped in 2-3 business days. Please allow adequate time for us to assemble, configure and test systems before shipping.
- Orders are faxed late by Yahoo fax server during business hours. We use faxed orders instead of e-mail to process orders. Yahoo's fax server has been over its capacity. As a result, orders sometimes may not be faxed to us until several hours later. We have contacted Yahoo to address this problem several times. They recently added two more fax servers. This problem has eased quite a bit.