WinTV-HVR-950Q brings over-the-air high definition ATSC digital TV plus analog cable TV to your PC or laptop! Watch and record TV, in a window or full screen. Use the WinTV-Scheduler to record your favorite analog or digital TV shows using high quality MPEG-2. Play your TV recordings back to your screen any time.
Clear QAM digital TV channels are digital cable channels which can be watched on a TV set without requiring a cable TV set top box. are Many cable operators transmit the local high definition ATSC channels using clear QAM.. Some cable operators transmit additional non-premium TV programs using clear QAM.
Clear QAM channels range from standard definition to the highest 1080i definition.
ATSC high definition digital TV brings you sharper TV with great sound. Watch high definition digital TV at up to 1080i on your PC screen. WinTV-HVR-950Q's ATSC digital TV tuner also has automatic identification of channel names plus will record high-definition digital TV programs to your PC's hard disk in an MPEG-2 format without losing quality.
ATSC digital TV is free-to-air digital TV for North America. ATSC digital TV typically requires an antenna for reception, and is currently broadcast in 200 cities, with over 1500 TV stations. Note: ATSC digital TV is NOT digital cable TV or digital satellite TV. The WinTV-HVR-950Q cannot receive digital cable TV or digital satellite TV.
You're prepared for the future. If you live in an area where you can't currently receive ATSC digital TV, the WinTV-HVR-950Q can still be used to watch and record analog TV from cable TV or a TV antenna. But you're prepared for the future! When ATSC digital TV comes to your area, WinTV-HVR-950Q will also receive the new digital TV channels.
WinTV-HVR-950Q is easy to install. Just plug it into your PC or laptops' USB 2.0 port and connect a TV antenna (analog cable TV is also supported). In a few minutes you'll be watching analog or high definition ATSC digital TV on your PC or laptop screen. WinTV-HVR-950Q includes a portable digital antenna, so you can receive digital TV while you travel!*
Features & Specifications:
Watch live HDTV or analog and clear QAM cable TV on your PC or laptop.
Record your favorite TV shows to your computer.
Easy to install, easy to carry.
Includes remote control and portable TV antenna.
-NTSC Analog Cable, Over the Air TV.
-ATSC Digital Over the Air HDTV.
-Clear QAM Digital Cable TV.
WinTV-HVR-950Q hybrid TV stick features:
-Watch high definition ATSC digital TV or analog cable TV on your PC or laptop screen! ATSC HD is the over-the-air high definition TV standard for North America.
-No need to open your PC: just plug into your USB 2.0 port.
-Includes Hauppauge's WinTV v6 application to watch and record TV in a window or full screen. With WinTV-Scheduler, so you can record your favorite TV programs daily, weekly or once only.
-Digital ATSC over-the-air TV tuner built-in. A portable digital TV antenna is included, and can be used to receive digital TV up to 10 miles from a ATSC transmitter. Record ATSC digital TV programs to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 Gigabytes of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition.
-Clear QAM digital TV tuner built-in. Watch, pause and record clear QAM cable TV channels.
-Record analog TV shows to your PC's hard disk using our SoftPVR MPEG-2 encoder. Analog TV recordings will typically consume 1.5 Gigabytes of disk space per hour.
-Media Center compatible. Watch and recording TV with Microsoft's Windows Media Center*.
Watch & record hi-definition ATSC digital TV or clear QAM digital cable TV:
-Watch and record clear QAM digital cable TV. Clear QAM are digital cable TV programs transmitted on your cable TV network "in the clear". Many cable operators transmit the high definition local TV channels using clear QAM.
-Watch and record cable TV or over-the-air ATSC high definition digital TV. programs, in a window or full screen on your PC or laptop monitor.
-Schedule your TV recordings, using the high quality MPEG-2 video recording format.
-Pocket size, easy to install on USB2. The perfect traveling companion for desktop or laptops.
Analog TV features:
-Analog cable TV tuner built-in.
-Record analog TV shows to your PC's hard disk using our SoftPVR MPEG-2 encoder. Analog TV recordings will typically consume 1.5 Gb of disk space per hour.
model 01191: WinTV-HVR-950Q for ATSC, NTSC and clear QAM TV, with audio video adapter, remote control and portable antenna.
Limited Warranty: One year from invoice date with Directron.com. 30-Day money back from receiving date with 15% restocking fee for non-defective returns. No credit or refund after 30 days. Customer is responsible for returning defective products including DOA due to manufacturer unless testing is paid before shipping. (Carry-013009)
(1) Clear QAM digital cable TV channels are not available on all cable networks. For more information, contact your cable TV provider.
(2) Windows Media Center does not currently support clear QAM. To watch clear QAM channels, you should use the Hauppauge WinTV v6 application.
(3) The WinTV-HVR-950Q includes a portable ATSC digital terrestrial antenna, which can be used within 10 miles of an ATSC transmitter. When used in the home or office, we recommend a roof top antenna for the best ATSC reception.
(4) To check the ATSC digital transmissions in your area, input your zip code at: www.titantv.com
(5) To use the WinTV-HVR-950Q for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft's web site for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only. Not all included applications on the enclosed installation CD are currently certified for use with Vista. The Hauppauge remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace Media Center remote control.