Directron has been consistently awarded the
Better Business Bureau (BBB) Gold Star Awards,
and has been rated A+ by the BBB since 2008.
Directron now accepts Amazon Pay, which means
our customers can shop safely on Directron
with their secure Amazon account.
(1) About Directron
(2) Why Buy from Directron?
(3) Contact Directron
(4) Frequently Asked Questions
(1) About Directron
The parent company of Directron was founded in 1994 in Houston, Texas. The web store was online since 1998. For over 16 years, Directron is a leading online computer superstore. In addition to DIY computer components such as CPUs, memory, hard drives, optical drives, hardware, and software, we also provide pre-built systems as well as notebooks, netbooks, tablets, and other peripherals and accessories at competitive prices. Directron also has a brick and mortar store located in Houston, TX to allow our local customers to shop or pick up orders in-store. We are located at 10402 Harwin Dr., Houston, TX 77036.
The Directron Advantages:
- Started as a wholesale distributor in 1991.
- Low, warehouse prices open to the public, updated daily.
- Over 20,000 items in stock with a wide selection of brands.
- 4,000 sq. ft. show room with will-call services
- 100,000 sq. ft. warehouse/office space.
- Shipping cost calculated in real time with zip code, weight, & UPS rates.
- Estimated UPS delivery time to your location.
- Online credit card authorization in real time.
- From one year up to life-time warranty.
- Secure on-line ordering with e-mail confirmations.
- A fast Yahoo web server with state-of-the-art security features
- Online package tracking.
- Easy return, exchange and refund/credit procedures.
- A hard-working team dedicated to QUALITY in products & services!
Examples of Our Achievements and Recognitions
- 2007 FastTech50 Award, Houston Business Journal
- 2006 FastTech50 Award, Houston Business Journal
- 2005 FastTech50 Award, Houston Business Journal, November 4, 2005
- 2005 2nd Place, Top Computer Resellers in Houston, Houston Business Journal
- 2005 Microsoft Top System Builder Award for Windows XP
- 2005 Better Business Bureau (BBB) Gold Star Award
- Ranked Top 6 leading system builders, CRN, July 16, 2004
- Featured on Wall Street Journal, July 26, 2004.
- Featured on Houston Chronicle, April 26, 2003.
- Entrepreneur of the Year, 2002, Houston Asian Chamber of Commerce.
- Gold Elite Customer Excellence Award Winner from ResellerRatings.com.
- First major computer store launching a LAN Party (June 2003).
- Only store with instruction sheets for most PC cases.
- World's largest selection of computer cases
- First major computer store with case mod contest (2001)
- First major computer store selling case mod products (2000).
- First computer store with online HelpDesk / Forum (2000)
Examples of Recognitions by Government Agencies:
- State of Texas CISV.
- State of Texas HUB.
- State of Texas DIR Contracts
- TCPN Contracts
- GSA Contracts
Examples of Recognitions by Our Vendors:
- Intel Premium Provider (IPP)
- Authorized Intel Product Dealer (IPD)
- Microsoft OEM System Builder Gold Member
- Microsoft Authorized Education Reseller
- Lenovo Premere Partner
- Lenovo Authorized Service Provider
- ASUS Award of Excellence
- Shuttle Diamond Award
- BioStar Premium Partner
- LightSPEED Authorized Installer
(2) Why Buy from Directron?
Besides advantages mentioned above, please consider the following:
About Us -
Why buy here? -
Contact Us -
- A Yahoo! Shopping Top-Rated Store! on price, delivery, and services
- No sales tax! (Except Texas residents who save on shipping.)
- Discounts for repeated customers and volume-buyers!
- 30-day money back guarantee on most items.
- Three-year manufacturer warranty on hard drives and monitors.
- Life-time warranty on memory and cables! One year warranty for most other items.
- Free tech support by A+ certified PC technicians via phone or e-mail.
- No restocking fee for qualified returns of most items.
- Registered customers do not need to re-enter shipping or billing information.
- We carry only name brand, quality products with the lowest return rates.
- Highest reliability based on fourteen years of experience in PC distribution.
- Authorized distributor or reseller of most brands offered.
- Unlimited brand selection with expanding categories.
- One-stop shopping for almost all your PC needs
- Quality Components, Reliable Systems and Excellent Services!
(3) Contact Us
Visit our contact page.
(4) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
More FAQ Pages:: | FAQ Main Page |
After Placing an Order
After Receiving an Order
Customer Services |
How long has Directron been in business?
HCCI, our parent company and a wholesale distributor-manufacturer, was established in 1991. The Internet division of HCCI has been in operation since 1997 and became Directron in September 1998. We currently operate from a 100,000 sq. ft. warehouse/office and have over 80 hard-working and quality-minded associates. We have over 20,000 products in stock, ready to ship on the same day orders are received. See Feedback we received from our customers.
What's OEM and how could you offer such low, low prices? - The OEM Story. Go to Top - Home
OEM products are the best-kept secret in the PC industry. OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturers. Almost all PC component and software vendors make two versions of the same products based on a difference in the distribution channels: Retail Box and OEM.
Retail boxed products are sold mainly through retailers. Guess who pays for the nice looking packages which cost vendors extra material and labor to produce (and everybody else more pollution)?
OEM products are sold mainly to system builders, such as HP and Dell. These so-called bulk-pack products do not have fancy packaging materials and are often produced in much higher volume, both of which result in much lower prices that have not been available to the public. The OEM products are of the same quality and often carry the same manufacturer warranty as their retail counterparts. They also often include supporting materials such as manual and drivers when applicable.
Directron distributes and sells the OEM version for products such as
CPU, memory, network cards, hard drives, and video cards, letting end-users and customers share the low cost. Finally, OEM quality and prices for the "little guys!"
The products sold on Directron web site are brand new and marked as either OEM or retail box. Manufacturer-refurbished products with manufacturer warranty will occasionally be available in the Clearance section and WILL be specifically marked as such.
What's your warranty policy? Go to Top - Home
We give a one year limited warranty for the majority of the items we carry unless otherwise specified Monitors typically have a two to five year warranty from manufacturers; hard drives typically have three. The limited warranty does not cover physical or virus damage . Customers must submit an online Return Merchandise Authorization request. See our Warranty Policy for more details.
What's your return for credit policy? Go to Top - Home
Customers should check for discrepancy between what was ordered and what was received within seven calendar days after receiving the goods. 30-day money back is for the current price(s) of item(s) in the form of credit or exchange. Customers must submit an online Return Merchandise Authorization request before returning any goods. Products with a copy of the invoice and all packaging materials must be returned to Directron within 30 days of shipment. Shipping fees and labor charges are non-refundable. Customer is responsible for return shipping. Use our shipping address for returns. Please write the Order # or Invoice # clearly on the outside of the box. Make sure your returned merchandise reaches us within 30 days of the original shipping date. Returned products that do not meet this requirement will not be received for credit purposes.
For warranty returns, please refer to RMA Policy section for more details.
How can I track my shipment? Go to Top - Home
We have made it very easy for you to check the status of your order and track your UPS shipment during transit. When you place your order, you are given an Order Number. Your order details and order number will be confirmed with an e-mail within five minutes after you place your order. Another e-mail confirmation will be sent directly from UPS once your package is shipped. During transit of your package, you may enter that Order Number into the lower form on our home page and click the Track button. Another window will pop up and take you to the UPS site for tracking. Directron Home. Or you may try it right here:
Please enter only the order number in the form before clicking the "Track Package" button (replace the words, "Enter order number here").
We now also offer on-line tracking of FedEx and USPS (except for APO/FPO addresses) shipments.
How long until my product is shipped? Go to Top - Home
Most items are shipped within 8 business hours after ordering. Most orders received before 2pm CST are processed and shipped on the same business day. Systems often take 1-3 business days to ship, due to the customization process.
How long until I receive my order? Go to Top - Home
Our default shipping is UPS ground. By this method, UPS suggests 1-5 business days delivery time. This time varies by how far you are from Houston, Texas. It usually takes only one day to deliver to most Texas locations; 1-2 days to most LA, OK, AR, and NM locations; 2-4 days to most other States. Please look at our UPS map for for estimated arrival dates to your location. You may also consult our Shipping Policy for more details.
Why don't you have a toll-free number? Go to Top - Home
We now offer a "toll-free" phone number for sales assistance please call 1-888-582-1834 if you have any questions. You can also reach us by Email.
Should I order online or by phone? Go to Top - Home
While we are very happy to answer any of your questions by Help Desk/Forum, e-mail or phone, we ask that, whenever possible, you use the online ordering system to place your order. Our entire business has an Internet-centric design which works optimally when information is submitted online. If, however, you are uncomfortable with the thought of entering your credit card number through the Internet, you may still place an order online, choose "Prepay" payment method, and call in to let us know your credit card information. If you do not have convenient access to the Internet, by all means call us! We'll enter the order for you over the phone.
I live in Houston; can I come and pick up my order?
Go to Top - Home
We welcome local customers to pick up their orders. However, we strongly encourage walk-in customers to place an online order first before coming to pick up your order, which in turn will save you a significant amount of waiting time. See FAQs on Walk-ins for other related questions.
Directron is located in Southwest Houston. Click here for driving directions.
I like your prices, quality products and services and am responsible for large-volume purchases each month. May I set up a dedicated account with your company?
Schools, government agencies, and Fortune 1000 companies are encouraged to apply for an account in order for Directron to take purchase orders. Directron is much more efficient for infrequent and small-to-medium quantity purchases.
Go to Top - Home - E-mail
- See Customer Feedback
- After Placing an Order
FAQ: After Receiving an Order
- Tech Support -
(1) About Us -
(2) Why Buy Here? -
(3) Contact Us -