Directron.com College Scholarship
The 2014 College Scholarship Program is now closed. We are reviewing the applications we have received and the results will be announced this summer. Applications will no longer be accepted.
Directron.com is proudly announcing our 2014 College Scholarship Program. Our goal is to encourage today's young adults to attend college and to earn a higher education. At the same time, we want to encourage them to share their experiences with computers and technology.
College bound high school seniors and current college students in the U.S. who submit an application and an essay to us. Proof of being a student may be requested.
First place - $800 (one prize)
Second place - $500 (two prizes)
Third Place - $200 (three prizes)
The actual number of prizes awarded may vary depending on the quality of the applications received each year.
(1) You must submit an essay with a topic that is related to computer technology. We do not place restrictions on the writing style. It can be fiction, non-fiction, short story, instruction manual, or a poem. The style may be technical or non-technical in nature, but it must be computer related. We cannot stress enough how important it is to make your essay unique and original.
For obvious reasons, we like technical articles. The more technical the better. For example: detailed step-by-step problem solving, system building, and trouble-shooting experiences. Review of brand new products. Comparison of similar products. Review of industry trends. Summary of manufacturer news. Cutting edge technologies. Technologies that make a difference in specific areas such as education, restaurants, medicine, etc.
(2) We do place 50% of the judgment on the academic merit of writing. The other 50% goes to originality and creativity of the content. All submissions must have correct spelling and grammar. If in doubt about what style to choose, use an academic writing style.
(3) The length of the essay should be at least two single-spaced pages long. Pictures are not required, but encouraged. Text or Microsoft Word format is accepted.
(4) Please include an application letter containing some short biographical information, what college you are attending/planning to attend, which year of school/college you are currently attending, your current or intended major, and any other information you wish to let us know. Send your application and the essay before the deadline to email@example.com with the subject "Scholarship Application 2014 - Your full name"..
(5) By submitting this application, you agree that your writing is original and not copied, published elsewhere, or copyrighted by anyone. We reserve the right to interview applicants and ask questions. You also agree to give us the copyright for the literary work once you submit your entry. We will publish all winners' essays and a selection of runner ups on Directron.com, with credit to the authors. By entering for the scholarship, you also allow us to publish your name and a brief bio on our website. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Any awards may become void.
(6) The deadline for submitting the 2014 scholarship application is May 1st, 2014.
the new Intel and AMD processors
Chrome Vs. Windows Vs. Mac OS
Android OS Vs. iOS Vs. BlackBerry OS vs. Windows OS
The future of Tablets and Smartphones
3D display technology and HDTV
RIAA and us, what DRM means for the customers
Contrast and similarities in overclocking current AMD and Intel processors
The Lexicon of Online Evil
How computer technology changed and will change our life
Anything computer related!
Be creative. You are welcome to come up with your own topic. Send your contact information with the application and your completed essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
Note: (1) This is not a contest. There is no entry fee. No purchase is necessary. (2) Directron.com full-time employees and direct relatives cannot apply. Interns and part-time workers are eligible. (3) All awards shall be in the form of a company check to the individual's name. (4) This program is subject to change without notice. (5) We may increase or decrease the amount and number of the awards. (6) Not all entries will win awards. (7) Directron.com reserves the right to request the award to be returned if an application is found to contain inaccurate information or the essay is plagiarized. (8) This program is applicable only to people who reside within the fifty United States.