Trouble Shooting Tips after Installing a New Video Card
You are encouraged to make links to this article from your website and tell your friends
The following advises are based on many years of experience. They are provided as a free service to our customers and visitors. However, Directron.com is not responsible for any damage as a result of following any of these advises. You are welcome to distribute these tips free to your friends and associates as long as it's not for commercial purposes.
The following troubleshooting tips may help if you experience problems.
If a problem persists, please search for a solution or post a question in our tech support forum in our Help Desk.
- Check that the card is seated properly in its expansion slot. Some AGP cards have design flaws and are "well-known" to "pop out" during transportation. For PCI cards, if the problem still exists, try a difference PCI expansion slot.
- Ensure the display cable is securely fastened to the card's display connector.
- Make sure that the display and computer are plugged in and receiving power.
- If necessary, disable any built-in graphics capabilities on your motherboard. For more information, see your computer's manual.
- Make sure you selected the appropriate display device and graphics card when you installed your enhanced driver.
- If you have problems during start-up, start your computer in Safe Mode. In Windows 98, press the F8 key when "Starting Windows 98" appears; or, in Windows 98, press and hold the CTRL key until the Windows 98 Startup Menu appears on the screen. Then select the number for Safe Mode, and press Enter.
If you find this article useful, please create a link to it from your website or tell a friend about it. If you have any comments or suggestions about this article, please email email@example.com
Copyright 1997-2008 Directron.com. All rights reserved
Related Items: | Troubleshooting Tips | Steps to Assemble a System | Troubleshooting - HardDrive | Troubleshooting Tips | Troubleshooting Tips | Troubleshooting Tips | Troubleshooting Tips | How to Maintain a System? | Resources | Support |