Western Digital RE4 Enterprise 3.5in 250GB Internal Hard Drive WD2503ABYX, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
Ideal for servers, video surveillance, and other demanding write-intensive applications, WD RE4 7200 RPM Enterprise SATA hard drives offer up to 2 TB capacity, 64 MB cache, 4th generation vibration tolerance and 5-year limited warranty.
- Massive capacity
- WD RE4 Enterprise SATA drives are available with up to 2 TB of cavernous capacity.
- Dual processor
With double the processing power, WD RE4 boasts the highest performance of any drive in the WD RE family.
- Enhanced RAFF technology includes sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time. The result is a significant performance improvement in high vibration environments over the previous generation of drives.
- Dual actuator technology
- A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy. (2 TB only)
- The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations.
- Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise, and vibration. Multi-axis shock sensor Automatically detects the subtlest shock events and compensates to protect the data.
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER)
- Prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
- NoTouch ramp load technology
- The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Thermal extended burn-in test
- Each drive is put through extended burnin testing with thermal cycling to ensure reliable operation.
- Third generation dynamic fly height
- Each read-write head's fly height is adjusted in real time for optimum reliability.
- 24x7 reliability
- With 1.2 million hours MTBF (tested at 100% duty cycle), these drives have the highest available reliability rating on a high-c- apacity drive.
- Form Factor:
- 490,350,672 sectors per drive Sectors
- Data Transfer Rate:
- 138 MB/s maximum sustained
- 300 MB/s maximum burst
- Rotational Speed:
- Power Usage:
- Read/Write: 10.7W
- Idle: 8.2W
- Standby: 1.3W
- Limited Warranty:
- 5 Years
Reference: | Western Digital WD2503ABYX Hard Drive Website | Data Sheet |
Limited Warranty: One year from invoice date with Directron.com. Five years from invoice date with Manufacturer. 30-Day money back from receiving date with 15% restocking fee for non-defective returns on current market price. No credit or refund after 30 days. Customer is responsible for returning defective products including DOA due to manufacturer unless testing is paid before shipping. (queenie031411)
Notes: (1) Hard drives should be installed by professionals or experienced PC users. (2) If you intend to install this drive in a 5.25" bay, you'll need a hard drive mounting kit. (3) 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Available capacity will be less. Reported capacity will vary. (4) This 3.5" hard drive will not fit into most note books. (5) Most OEM hard drives do not come with installation guide or manual. Please use our online hard drive Installation Guidelines and Troubleshooting Tips.
Related Items: | Western Digital | 200GB, 250GB, 320GB, 400GB SATA | 250GB SATA | SATA II & SATA 3.0 Gb/s | SATA Hard Drives | Hard Drives | SATA Controllers / RAID | IDE, SATA, SAS, Floppy Cables | SATA Mobile Racks | Memory, USB Drives |
| Back to Top / Order This Item |