Western Digital RE 3.5in 4TB SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Hard Drive WD4000FYYZ, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
The 3.5-inch WD RE SATA drives offer the powerful combination of enterprise-class performance and highest capacity required for demanding high-performance computing and business-critical environments. This is an OEM Product.
- Industry's highest capacity nearline drive
- WD RE SATA hard drives are available in capacities up to 4 TB to suit even the most demanding storage needs.
- Highest performance for business-critical applications
- WD RE delivers up to 6 Gb/s transfer rates, sustained sequential data rates of up to 171 MB/s and high random I/O rates.
- Designed for quality and reliability
- With a field-tested 1.2 million hour MTBF, this high performance drive delivers the highest level of reliability for 24x7 operation in up to 100% duty cycle applications.
- Dual processor
- Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
- Vibration protection
- Enhanced RAFF technology includes sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time. The result is a significant performance improvement in high vibration environments over the previous generation of drives.
- Dual actuator technology
- A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy. (2 TB models and above)
- The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations. (2 TB models and above)
- Multi-axis shock sensor
- Automatically detects the subtlest shock events and compensates to protect the data.
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER)
- Prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
- NoTouch ramp load technology
- The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Thermal extended burn-in test
- Each drive is put through extended burnin testing with thermal cycling to ensure reliable operation.
- Dynamic fly height technology
- Each read-write head's fly height is adjusted in real time for optimum reliability.
- Form Factor:
- 7,814,037,168 Sectors
- Data Transfer Rate:
- 171MB/s Host to/from drive (sustained)
- 6Gb/s Buffer to Host
- Rotational Speed:
- 7200 RPM
- Power Usage:
- Read/Write: 10.4
- Idle: 8.6
- Limited Warranty:
- Five Years
Reference: | Western Digital WD4000FYYZ Hard Drive Website | Datasheet |
This item is RoHS compliant. to find out more about RoHS, please Click here for more information.
Limited Warranty: One year from invoice date with Directron.com. Five years from invoice date with Manufacturer. 30-Day money back from receiving date with 15% restocking fee for non-defective returns on current market price. No credit or refund after 30 days. Customer is responsible for returning defective products including DOA due to manufacturer unless testing is paid before shipping. (Jancy112112)
(1) Hard drives should be installed by professionals or experienced PC users. (2) If you intend to install this drive in a 5.25" bay, you'll need a hard drive mounting kit. (3) Most OEM hard drives do not come with installation guide or manual. Please use our online hard drive Installation
Guidelines and Troubleshooting Tips. (4) 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Available capacity will be less. Reported capacity will vary. (5) Not available in all models or countries. Requires TCG-compliant host or controller support. TM: The FIPS logo is a certification mark of NIST, which does not imply product endorsement by NIST, the U.S., or Canadian governments.
Related Items: | Western Digital | 1TB and Larger SATA | SATA III & SATA 6.0 Gb/s | SATA Hard Drives | Hard Drives | SATA Controllers / RAID | IDE, SATA, SAS, Floppy Cables | SATA Mobile Racks |
| Back to Top / Order This Item |