The tii HNP6 Home Networking Protector provides AC powerline surge protection while being 100% HomePlug Network compatible. Traditional surge protectors interfere with data transmitted over AC wiring utilizing HomePlug technology.
- Protects all connected equipment including HomePlug data networks connected via existing AC wiring.
- One dedicated and protected HomePlug compatible AC receptacle it's as simple as plugging in HomePlug enabled equipment.
- Five EMI filtered receptacles prevent unwanted electrical noises from being introduced into the circuit by peripheral devices. These noises have been proven to degrade
signal transmission quality and speed.
- The tii HNP6 circuitry provides 120V AC, Single Phase, 50/60 Hz, 15 Amp Power Line Protection.
- The AC power protection section is a self restoring power line surge suppressor incorporating gas discharge tube and solid-state surge suppression elements.
- The surge absorbing capability of tii HNP6 exceeds maximum recommended surge levels by IEEE.
- All six AC receptacles are spaced to allow for ancillary device transformers.
- When plugged into an AC receptacle, the AC protection circuit monitors the integrity of the protection in addition to indicating the presence of a ground.
- Indicator Lamps
- Protection Available: Green lamp "on" indicates protection circuit is operational.
- Ground Present: Green lamp "on" indicates there is a connection to the AC ground.
- Ground Not Present: Red lamp "on" indicates that the unit did not detect the presence of an AC ground. The surge protection capability of the tii HNP6 has been
- Common grounding serves as a ground potential equalizer eliminating any ground loop currents that may damage the connected equipment.
- All protection circuits are grounded by means of the 6 ft. AC cord.