Like all NComputing access terminals, the new L230 and L130 dramatically cut computing costs by sharing the untapped power of standard PCs. Best of all, IT staff and end users do not need special training because our solutions are easy to manage, eco-friendly and compatible with standard PC applications. And like all of our L series, the L230 and L130 can use standard Ethernet infrastructure, so that your users can be located as far away from your shared PCs as you need them to be.
The new L230 and L130 bring enhanced graphics performance (with improved color depth and widescreen support) and a microphone port―all in a stylish new smaller chassis (just 1 inch tall and 4.5 inches square) that takes absolutely no desktop space at all when mounted to the back of a monitor. We even include the mounting bracket at no charge.
Of course, the L230 and L130 include VGA support (resolutions up to 1280x1024 or 1440x900 for widescreen), an Ethernet connection, PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports, audio output, and power cable connections. The L230 also has a USB port for flash memory devices and an audio input for microphones. The L130 does not have the USB port or microphone input and is recommended for the ultimate in economy and security.
- Share one host PC with up to 30 users.
- Dramatically reduces acquisition & support costs.
- Easy to set up, maintain and secure.
- Connects to host PC via Ethernet.
- Supports Windows and Linux.
- Compact, reliable & energy-efficient (no moving parts).
- Web-quality multimedia support.
- Width: 115 mm / 4.5 inches, Depth: 115 mm / 4.5 inches, Height: 26 mm / 1 inches.
- Power Supply:
- 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz.
- 5 VDC, 2 A.
- Nominal consumption: 5 Watts.
- Front LED Indicators:
- Power: connection to power supply.
- LAN: connection to network.
- Ready: connection to host PC.
- Rear Ports:
- 01 Â USB Flash Memory Port.
- 02 - Microphone Input.
- 03 - Speaker Output.
- 04 Â Keyboard Port.
- 05 Â Mouse Port.
- 06 Â LAN port (RJ45).
- 07 Â Video port.
- 08 Â DC Power Input.
- 09 Â On/Off Power Switch.
- Connection to Host PC:
- Via 100 Mb/s switched Ethernet connection
- Video Resolution** :
- 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 (at 60 or 75 Hz refresh rate), 1280x1024 (~63 Hz) and 1440x900 (60Hz). All
feature up to 16-bit or 24-bit color support.
- Stereo output via speaker port.
- USB Flash Memory Port:
- Supports USB 1.1 memory devicesÂ requires Windows OS on host.
- Internal HW:
- All solid-state design, no moving parts, no fans, no local user storage.
- NComputing System-on-Chip with SDRAM and flash.
- Embedded NComputing operating firmware (no local user OS).
- Reliability (MTBF):
- >>100,000 hours (calculated using Bellcore Issue 6 TR-332, Case 2, Part I at 40°C).
- HW Security:
- No local user storage.
- FCC Class B, CE, MIC, NOM, GOST R and RoHS compliant (China RoHS (50)).
Terminal Services Software:
- Max # Users Per PC:
- 30 users* when using a server host OS (i.e. Windows Server 2003).
- 10 users when using a desktop OS (i.e. Windows XP).
- User Software:
- NAccess terminal services software with User eXtension Protocol (UXP).
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft: Windows XP Professional and Media Center Edition 2005.
- Windows Server 2003, Small Business Server 2003.
- Linux: several variants (refer to support section of Website for latest supported revisions of Linux).
- Maintenance: Online remote update via NAccess Management Console (included).
System Requirements and Options:
- Host PC Configuration:
- See Recommended Host Configuration Guide at:
- Kit Contents:
- L230 Kit includes access terminal, power supply/cord, software installation & userÂs guide CD/license, Quick Install Guide, monitor mounting bracket and LAN cable. PC, monitor, PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, speakers
and other peripherals are NOT included and must be purchased separately.
- Optional Software:
- NControl (remote control and management), NShield (hard drive partition recovery).